Nowadays, Yoga practices are generally recognized as an ancient system of philosophies, practices and principles derived from the Vedic tradition of India and the Himalayas, more than a thousand years ago. It is a system that recognizes the multi-dimensional nature of human which primarily relates to the nature and workings of the mind. Yoga is all about harmonizing your mind and body and through the means of various breathing techniques, meditation and yoga poses.
Doing yoga is good for your health, example yoga challenge for beginners are the Asanas or the yoga posture that they need to learn to achieve the benefits of yoga. Below are the examples of health benefits that you can get in doing yoga:
- Improves flexibility of your body. Good flexibility of the body is the first benefit that you can get from yoga. During your first class, you probably cannot touch your toes and even do a back bend. But if you will give your best to stick with it, you will probably notice a gradual loosening; seemingly impossible poses will become possible. You will also probably notice that the aches and pains are starting to disappear.
- Perfects your posture. Your head is heavy. When it’s balanced directly over an erect spine, it takes much less work of your back muscles and neck to support it. If you will move it several inches forward then you might start to strain those muscles. Having a poor posture can cause you neck, back, and other muscle and joint problems.
- Promotes self-healing.
- Helps manage stress and anxiety and to keep you calm and relax.
- Helps in an attention, concentration and focus.
- Enhance personal power.
- Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony.
- Improved respiration, vitality, and energy.
- Weight reduction.
- Increase muscle strength and tone.
- Mental benefits. One of the greatest benefits of yoga is how it can help you to manage stress, which we all known to have devastating effects on our mind and body.
The art of living yoga is a holistic way of life that integrates all the elements of ancient knowledge of Yoga practices, to make a prayerful discipline uniting the body, mind, and spirit. Along with the series of simple yet, effective Asanas or yoga postures along with breathing techniques. There’s a greater emphasis that placed on the inner experience of meditation, for the well-being of mind and other hidden elements of human existence.